Saturday, August 8, 2009

I made it!!

By now I have been in Europe for five days! Our flight went well and though it seemed like we were travelling for forever, it was a good time to start getting to know the other trainees. There are twelve of us.
On Tuesday morning we arrived in Düsseldorf and took the bus to Mennorode Conference Center where we had a three day orintation. We also had time to hang out and Rook was played quite a bit.
On Friday morning (Aug. 7) we left for our placements. I arrived in Sinsheim at 4:35 pm. It was super hot and I was very happy to have made it to my destination.
Magdalene, the mother of my host family is on vaccation with the four children till later today, so Dietmar, the father of my host family picked me up from the train station.
I had the evening to myself, so I unpacked my suitcase and got my room, which is pretty much a small appartment organized. I have so much room in my little flat, that if you are ever in the area, feel free to drop by and say hello!! I feel like I brought way to much stuff, but now that it is here I may as well use it.
So far everything has been going really well. I have been welcomed with open arms and I feel that I will have a very good time here in Sinsheim. Once I figure out a good running route things will be even better. I am super excited to meet the kids leter on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment