Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One Week!!

One week in Germany! So much has happened already since I got here that it feels like I have been here a lot longer than that. I really am enjoying myself.
On Saturday I even got to go to a soccer game already. The mother of my host family was still gone, coming home from vaccation with the children, so the host father asked if I wanted to come. I was not about to decline the offer to go to a Bundesliega game. Hoffenheim 1899 was playing Beyern München. Hoffenheim is this small town team that has been doing really, really well lately and they made it up to the 'erste Liega' so everyone in this area supports them. The first goal came pretty soon. Beyern München scored, but Hoffenheim was quick to catch up. Nothing happened in the second half, but the fans were thrilled that the game had ended in a tie rather than losing. The moral was high!!
When we got home the rest of the family was also there. The kids where all ready for bed, but I was super glad to get to see them. I went and got the presents that I had brought, and
they liked there t-shirts so much that they wanted to sleep in them.
Sunday we went to church and had a nice, slow afternoon. I did find a nice running route, though I will still have to get used to running in this hilly area. Running at home on the flat prairie is defintly very different!! In the evening some of the youth from the church where playing volleyball nearby, so I went to join them. It was really fun and I was happy to get to know some peoplemy age around here.
Anyhow, it is rainning today and since it is not so warm we wanted to bake bread this afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a VERY full week! If you keep running through those hills, you're going to put your fellow Manitobans to shame at your next marathon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are having a good time. Slow down and enjoy a Spaziergang, instead of running in those hills.
    Jake Harms

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met your parents at John Marten's, Jillian's father, funeral. Many people had come. The church was full. Very nice service, but also a sad one. John was only 73 years of age. Claudia told me she misses you. Not surprising.
    Jake Harms

    ReplyDelete