Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hallo All!!

It has been a while since I have last let you know what I have been up to. This is because I have been in Bechterdissen, the town of my mother's childhood, where many of my relatives live for the past week and a bit. There is always something going on here, so my time for writing has been kind of limited.
I got to Bechterdissen on August 16. at three in the afternoon after a 6 hour train ride. It doesn't actually take that long to get there, but I took the slow trains to save money, so it took extra long. It was super hot that day and I was glad to arrive.
Oma had lunch waiting for me and right after that I went swimming with my cousins and their youth group.
One of my cousins is getting married on Saturady, Aug 29., so we have spent a lot of time getting things ready for this occasion. It seems like there is always another and another thing that needs to be done.
The weather has been very nice though and we even slept outside under the stares one night. We have played lots of Settlers and I am having a wonderful time. Being here with my family always feels like coming home, and I am so excited that I get to be here for the wedding.
My host family, the one that I am working for is in holidays at the moment, for two weeks, so it worked out great that I can be here these two weeks befor the wedding.
Well, I am going to head out for a run now, here it is pretty flat compared to Sinsheim, so my run should be easier!!
I mightnot write very much in the next two weeks again, but I will keed you posted on what is happening in my life here in beautiful Germany!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria!
    So far it sounds like you are having a good time. At the moment My family and I are in BC, well except for Stephanie 'cause she decided to stay home. Zachary's exchange student, Fabian Hiller is here and it has been lots of fun. Yesterday we went to the Hot Springs where I got severely sunburnt! Oww!
    Hope you keep having a good time!!!!
    XOXOX Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer has finally come to Manitoba and we are enjoying sunshine and warm temperatures. Looking forward to your next posting, Maria. Hope all is well with you.
    Remembering you, Jake

    ReplyDelete