Friday, July 3, 2009

It's coming so fast!!!

Hi All!!

I can hardly believe that in a months time I will be leaving Canada, my family and friends to embark on a very exciting journey.
For those of you who don't know, I am going to Geramny with an organization called Intermenno, which is an organization that lets young adults from North America volunteer in Germany, Switzerland or Holland for a year.
I will be volunteering as a nanny for a Family in Sinsheim-Dueheren. Family Aberle has four children and I will be taking care of the three older ones. I will be helping around the house and will be needed to drive the children to and from their various activities. The family only has a standard car so I will definitely learn one new thing!!
I am very excited about this adventure that I am about to embark on.
I will try to blog once a week while I am gone, but for now this will be my only entry as I will be away at camp for three weeks before I leave.

4 comments:

  1. God be with you Maris. I'm sure you will have many memorable experiences and I look forward to reading about them.
    Peace and joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maria,
    I know you are in Germany all ready and I hope you had a good flight! I know in your blog you said where you were staying, but where exactly is that, because I am NOT good at ALL with that kind of stuff! (especially in foreign countries, even though Germany isn't that foreign to me!) Any way I hope you are having a good time all ready!
    xoxox hillary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Maria, Its Satruday morning, sunny, grass is sparkling with a heavy dew and the lawns are a luscious green. Just so you don't forget that there is much beauty in Manitoba. Take care and God bless.
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting for your next story, Maria. Hope you are not so busily involved in activities that you have no time to write. We remember you during your absence from Wpg and hope to learn a few things through your experiences. Having been in Germany several times during my traveling days, I am sort of vicariously visiting Germany again through you. Jake

    ReplyDelete