Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September!!

So much has happend since I have last posted anything, that I do not even know where to start!!
I got back to my placement in Sinsheim on Monday September 7. After getting on to the wrong train because I assumed that it was the right one when really it was not I got here in one piece. The kids where very excited to see me and I was excited to see them. We went out for ice cream together and it was good to catch up and hear about their holidays.
On Wednesday I then left again. My Aunt lives in Grenzach which is the 'Vorstadt' of Basel, which means it is th city righ before Basel, but it is still in Germany. It was nice to visit them. Florian, my cousin and me cooked lunch on Thursday and went to this store where you can get Swiss Chocolate and such for super cheap. Then in the evening my Aunt and me cycled accross th boarder into Switzerland and looked around Basel. What a beautiful city!!
On Friday morning I took an eary train into the heart of Switzerland and meet up with one of th other trainnes. Together we hiked in the Swiss Mountains for two days. It was amaying. We where not even in the Alps and it was breath taking, I can not even imagine how magnificant the Alps must be. We even saw two 'Alm Abzüge' which is when the farmers bring their cows that have been grazing in the mountains all summer back down to their farms. They all dress in their traditional Swiss Dress. It was so neat to experience this. I felt like I was experiencing the story of 'Heidi'. Heidi was my favorite story as a child and being in Switzerland, everything that I saw and looked at reminded me of Heidi.
The hiking was super fun to. We did some crazy things, but we had lots of fun and experience so much, the weather of the mountains, the fog, the beauty, the dangerousness. It was a good time!!
On Sunday I got back to Sinsheim, and now life is back to normal here as well. The kids have started School and the fall weather is making it's appearence. I had a very nice birthday yesterday and am very excited to see what this 19th year will bring with it!!
For now this will be all, hope to hear from you!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Maria, Glad to hear from you and to know you had a good holiday and a lovely birthday. I think it was your 18th birthday. I also have seen a couple of movies about "Heidi" and have read a book about her. It is an intriguing story. Is Sinsheim a large town, village? Are the roofs of the houses all red clay shingles? I don't think they are called shingles, but they do cover the roof. We think often of you and remember you in our prayers. Jake & Anne

    ReplyDelete